Sunday, August 7, 2011

Robin S and Jason D...click here

Two generations meet over music... recently, while listening to my 12 year old's radio station of choice, I  heard a song that had parts that sounded familiar.  This happens a lot lately I guess....lots of music sampling and such happening.  I heard it a few more times and decided to check it out on i-tunes but didn't know the name of the song.  I already owned the "sampled song" which was Show me Love by Robin S.  So one day I played the Robin S. song and asked, "which hip hop song has this in it?"  Right away my daughter recognized the song as Jason Derulo's Don't Wanna Go Home.  It was cool to connect with my child over music!  We both love the song and I have used it in my classes this week.  See link to the two songs I discussed in this blog.  If you are interested in the entire playlist that I made using this song, go to www.musicforcycling.com.  The playlist can be found listed under  "Routines" as "flat attack i-mix"....you can also search for it under routines.  I am going to keep an ear out for more songs, that I like, that contain a bit of the past and the present....if you click on the title of this entry, robin s and jason d, you will be directed to i-tunes where u can listen to and compare both songs

No comments: